Thursday, November 6, 2008

2009???

I've had some time to reflect on 2008 and I can say that it was another great year of training (injury free) and racing. This was the year to have some fun and work on a few things. I didn't take the season too seriously and enjoyed what was put in front of me. I learned a lot over the last 7 months, and hope to use that knowledge in 2009.

About 2009....my goal is to start a regimented training schedule in January and re-evaluate things in March. With a newborn coming our way, I am making that the number one priority and figure things out from there. I am planning on participating in Ironman Wisconsin, but not sure if I will be racing....big difference.

We shall see what happens, but the snow is about to fall and I am looking forward to some good strength training and low heart rate spinning. The Tyrannena Beer Run 1/2 marathon is this weekend and I am looking forward to the race. I ran a 1:24 last year and hoping to hit that mark or beat it by a minute or so...we will see.

I did the Discovery Run 15K two weeks ago and felt fatigued and out of sorts. I inherited an upper respitory infection a week earlier and shut down after about 2 miles. I enjoyed the event and tried to hold a pace that was comfortable for the situation at hand. In the end, I screeched to a 6:45/mile average and couldn't do anything about it.

1 comment:

A said...

Newborn - good for you.