Monday, October 6, 2008

Kona Breezes

Well, we finally arrived here (Sunday) in Kona and suffice to say, it was a long day of travel. It is about 5:00 in the morning on Monday and I can't sleep due to the time change. Not too much to report at this time, which is good news (from a travel perspective). All of our bags arrived without a hitch. My folks will be coming in today, so I hope that their travel into Hawaii will be as error free as ours was.

We didn't have much time to look around yesterday, because we wanted to stock up on some groceries before everything was picked over. Milk was $5.45/gallon...ouch! I am used to $2.39/gallon....too be expected I guess.

I will be taking some pictures today and putting them up on the website for everyone to see. It was a pretty calm day yesterday....not too much of a buzz yet, as I am sure a lot of the athletes are still arriving in the next day or so. However, it was a neat feeling getting off the plane and knowing that you are finally here!

Today will be a nice day to get acclimated to the surroundings a bit. We (Natalie and I) were in Kona about 5 years ago for a family vacation, so we are somewhat familiar with the area, but a lot has been built up. I will be able to post some more information later today, so stay tuned.

On a training note, I will probably do a 30-40 minute swim and about a 30-40 minute run to start getting used to the heat and humidity. The temps have been hovering around 87 degrees and the humidity has also been pretty high...not sure on those stats 80 - 90% appox.

I wanted to send out a quick "congratulations" to Mark Bradley (Wisconsin Multisport) for qualifying for the Boston Marathon yesterday. I guess those 20 mile workouts on the track really paid off.....HA!

I will report back later today!

Mahalo

No comments: