Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monday and Tuesday





It seems like is has been a week since my last entry, but we've had a busy two days. Between the time changes, walking through town, and our excursion out to the volcanoes today, I am pretty much beat. However, the next three days will be focused on Saturday. My legs feel great and and the mental focus is coming around.




The water/swim out here is unbelievable! You can see down to the ocean floor....seems more like snorkeling than swimming. It was really cool to see the likes of Norman Stadler (2006 champion) and Desiree Ficker (2006 runner-up) jumping into the water next to the oridnary folks as well. Norman has his posse with him and his Kleinwort vehicle that follows him around all day. No sign of Macca, but I think he will be onsite tomorrow to give a talk. The town was really hopping on Tuesday as they opened the village for the participants and, as Tom Janicki always states, had all the merchandise you could ever want at "Disney Land" prices.




I did some navigation of the bike course and was surprised to see that it is rather hilly, but more of sustained climbing vs. the rollers we have in Wisconsin. I am excited to hear that the temperatures will be a balmy 85 degrees with a 5-15 mph wind. I have attached some pictures on the site of volcanoes, random shots, and other things. I will post more later.




Thanks!

2 comments:

Timbo said...

Looks like pretty rough duty there looking at the picture of you and Natalie. Good luck and have fun. I will be watching on the 11th. I figure I can pick you out during the swimming start!

ciao

Patrick and Jamie Froh said...

Aloha -

I am so happy that you guys made it there w/o a problem at all! We wish we could be there with you. . .it looks beautiful! Good luck on Saturday- we will keep an eye out for you!