Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Magical Day

Wow! What a challenging race that was. This will be very short report...a longer one will follow. The experience itself was so spectacular. The atmosphere was amazing and the energy was like nothing I have ever seen before. I was pretty happy with my race considering that I faded a bit on the bike due to the strong winds out on the course. However, I tried to get into a groove on the run and stick with my plan...which in my mind, worked out pretty well. The temps reached 108 degrees yesterday and it crushed a lot of people.

Feeling pretty good today minus the sunburn and the 2 gallons of salt water I drank.


More to come.

1 comment:

Patrick and Jamie Froh said...

Pete -
Congrats on the race! I would have preferred to be there in person, but via the internet works too I guess! Enjoy your week in Maui . . .RELAX! :)