Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Swimming with the Dolphins



Cruise ship view from our Lanai.





#1 female American finisher in 2007


http://www.dede-griesbauer.com/bio.html


Today, was a very relaxing day of hanging out and not doing a whole lot. It was mostly overcast today with a nice breeze coming off of the ocean. I woke up this morning and rode for about an hour on the Queen K highway. My goal was to get out there yesterday, but ran out of time. The roads are really smooth in comparison to what we encounter in Wisconsin. I now understand why this bike course can chew up your legs. The winds were very light this morning, but the climbs were very long....which is fine. I also had a chance to swim again and I looked down and saw a pod of about 5 dolphins, very cool. Now, if I could only find a fin to grab onto for Saturday!
I had a chance to register today and I looked right next to me and, low and behold, it was Rutger Beke from Belgium (took 4th? in 2006). I had a chance to chat with him a bit, and he is a really nice guy. I couldn't believe how tall and lean he was. I also saw Norman Stadler again today.....he drinks a lot of coffee!

Natalie and I by this cool tree

The start and finish point of the race.






1 comment:

Chris Wichert said...

from your pics it looks like it's a nice place to race! good luck on saturday, i'll be checking up on ironmanlive